When you get back to your studio, it's time to FOLLOW UP.
- Many sales are made AFTER buyers head back to their galleries. So make a telephone call to the buyers who visited your booth but did not write an order. (You did collect their business cards, correct?) Today's "just-looking" could be tomorrow's sale.
2. Send a brief thank-you note to buyers who placed orders with you.
3. Send an e-mail or note (and photo) to buyers who ordinarily purchase from you, but who were not able to attend BMAC this year. Many were affected by snowstorms. They'll still be interested in your new lines.
4. Did you contact your regular buyers before the show? If you didn't, contact them now, and let them know you're still interested in them.
5. Update your FREE NICHE Marketplace page. Retailers who could not attend BMAC are browsing in this electronic directory, searching for new products.